Home > Catalogue > Browse > Study in Grey for the Portrait of F. R. Leyland << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 95), plate 75, as 'Study in Grey for the Portrait of F. R. Leyland'.
Authored by Whistler
Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (ex. cat.).
Books on Whistler
- McCann, Justin (ed.), Whistler and the World: The Lunder Collection of James McNeill Whistler at the Colby College of Art, New York, 2015.
- Merrill, Linda, The Peacock Room. A Cultural Biography, New Haven and London, 1998, p. 127, fig. 3.11.
- Sutton, Denys, Nocturne: The Art of James McNeill Whistler, London, 1963, p. 74.
- MacDonald, Margaret F., 'Collecting Whistler' in Blunt, Hannah, Sharon Corwin, Elizabeth Finch, Lauren Lessing and Elizabeth Spear, The Lunder Collection: A Gift of Art to Colby College, Colby College Museum of Art, Waterville, Maine, 2013.
- Weber, Bruce, American Paintings 10, Berry-Hill Galleries, New York, 2002.
- Blunt, Hannah, Sharon Corwin, Elizabeth Finch, Lauren Lessing and Elizabeth Spear, The Lunder Collection: A Gift of Art to Colby College, Colby College Museum of Art, Waterville, Maine, 2013-2014.
- Parke-Bernet, New York, 13 September 1972 (lot 5) repr.
- Editorial staff, 'The Lunder Collection is unveiled at the Colby College Museum of Art', The Magazine Antiques, 11 July 2013, repr. on exhibition, fig. 12, website at http://www.themagazineantiques.com.
- Colby College Museum of Art website at http://www.colby.edu/museum.
Last updated: 18th April 2021 by Margaret