Home > Catalogue > Browse > Harmony in Blue and Gold << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 197), plate 411, as 'Harmony in Blue and Gold'.
Authored by Whistler
- [Exhibition], Mr White's North British Galleries, Glasgow, 1879 (catalogue untraced).
Sixty-third Annual Exhibition, Society of British Artists, London, 1886 (cat. no. 298) as 'Harmony in Blue and Gold'.
- Anon., 'Megilp', [review], Bailie, Glasgow, vol. 13, 22 January 1879, p. 11.
- Anon., 'Spring Picture Shows', The Era, London, 1 May 1886, p. 13.
- Whistler, J. McN., Pall Mall Gazette 'Extra', London, 3 May 1886, drawing by Whistler repr. p. 78.
- Anon., Illustrated London News, 8 May 1886, pp. 16-17.
- 'A Country Collector', Letter to Editor, Court and Society Review, London, 21 June 1886.
- 'Summer Exhibitions', The Art Journal, July 1886, p. 223.
Books on Whistler
- Robins, Anna Gruetzner, A Fragile Modernism. Whistler and his Impressionist Followers, London and New Haven, 2007, pp. 58-60.
- Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 262).
Last updated: 15th November 2020 by Margaret