Home > Catalogue > Browse > The Blue Band << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 262) as 'The Blue Band'.
Authored by Whistler
- Possibly 'Notes' - 'Harmonies' - 'Nocturnes', Second Series, Messrs Dowdeswell, London, 1886 (cat. no. 49) as 'Blue and orange: Sweet Shop'.
- Menpes, Mortimer, 'Whistler, the Purist', The Cornhill Magazine, new series, vol. 15, no. 90, December 1903, pp. 760-68, at p. 762.
Books on Whistler
- Menpes, Mortimer, Whistler as I Knew Him, London, 1904, pp. 118-19, 140.
- Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 351).
Last updated: 2nd October 2019 by Grischka