Home > Catalogue > Browse > Blue and Opal: Herring Fleet << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 273), plate 185, as 'Blue and Opal: Herring Fleet'.
Authored by Whistler
'Notes' - 'Harmonies' - 'Nocturnes', Messrs Dowdeswell, London, 1884 (cat. no. 48) as 'Blue and opal – Herring Fleet'.
- Wedmore, Frederick, ‘Mr Whistler's Arrangement in Flesh Colour and Gray’, The Academy, vol. 25, 24 May 1884, p. 374.
Books on Whistler
- Myers, Kenneth John, Mr. Whistler’s Gallery: Pictures at an 1884 Exhibition, Freer Gallery of Art, Washington, DC, 2003, pp. pp. 92-93.
- 'The City Review article on the Fall 2007 American Paintings', website at http://www.thecityreview.com/f07samp.html.
- Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 489).
Last updated: 13th December 2020 by Margaret