Home > Catalogue > Browse > Petite Bonne à la porte d'une auberge << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 367), plate 234, as 'Petite Bonne à la porte d'une auberge'.
Authored by Whistler
Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 107) as 'Petite bonne a la porte d'une Auberge' (de luxe edition) repr. f.p. 116.
Books on Whistler
- Cary, Elizabeth Luther, The Works of James McNeill Whistler: A Study, with a Tentative List of Artist’s Works, New York, 1907, p. 115.
- Sutton, Denys, James McNeill Whistler: Paintings, Etchings, Pastels and Watercolours, London, 1966, repr. pl. 102.
- Thomson, David Croal, Barbizon House: An Illustrated Record, London, 1924 (cat. no.
- Early Masters of Modern Art: A Local Collection Exhibited Anonymously, Isaac Delgado
Museum of Art, New Orleans, Louisiana, 1959 (cat. no. 52).
- Young, A. McLaren, James McNeill Whistler, Arts Council Gallery, London, and Knoedler Galleries, New York, 1960 (cat. no. 69).
New Orleans Collects: Early Masters of Modern Art, Isaac Delgado Museum of Art, New
Orleans, Louisiana, 1968 (cat. no. 54).
William Merritt Chase in the Company of Friends, Parrish Art Museum, Southampton, New York, 1979.
Hail, Britannia! Six Centuries of British Art from the Berger Collection, Dixon Gallery, Memphis, TN, organized by the Denver Art Museum and made possible by the Berger Collection Educational Trust, 2015.
- Christie's, London, 28 February 1975 (lot 18).
- Christie's, New York, 4 December 1997 (lot 21).
Art History News, 14 June 2018, Blog at http://arthistorynewsreport.blogspot.com.
- Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 302).
Last updated: 14th October 2020 by Margaret