Home > Catalogue > Browse > The Daughter of the Concierge << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 436), plate 286, as 'The Daughter of the Concierge'.
Authored by Whistler
- Scott, William, 'Reminiscences of Whistler. Some Venice Recollections', The Studio, vol. 30, November 1903, pp. 97-108, repr. p. 106 as 'Study of a girl's head'.
Books on Whistler
- Pousette-Dart, Nathaniel, (ed.), James McNeill Whistler,(with introduction by Joseph & Elizabeth Robins Pennell), New York, 1924.
Panama-Pacific International Exposition, San Francisco, 1915 (cat. no. 279) as 'The Daughter of the Concierge'.
Thirty Paintings by Thirty Artists, Macbeth Gallery, New York, 1919 (cat. no. 29), repr.
- Spink, Nesta, Whistler: The Later Years, University of Michigan Art Gallery, Ann Arbor, 1978 (cat. no. 92).
Art Notes, Macbeth Galleries, New York, April 1919, no. 68, p. 1132, repr. p. 1133 as
'Daughter of the Concierge'.
- Sawyer, Charles H., ‘The Theodore T. and Mary G. Ellis Collection, III: American Paintings’, Worcester Art Museum Annual, Worcester, MA, vol. 4, 1941, pp. 42-48, at p. 47.
- Worcester Art Museum website at https://worcester.emuseum.com/collections (acc. 2020).
- Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 209).
Last updated: 25th November 2020 by Margaret