Home > Catalogue > Browse > Portrait of George A. Lucas << >>
- Young, Andrew McLaren, Margaret F. MacDonald, Robin Spencer, and Hamish Miles, The Paintings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1980 (cat. no. 355), plate 233, as 'Portrait of George A. Lucas'.
Authored by Whistler
Books on Whistler
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Whistler Journal, Philadelphia, 1921, pp. 55-56.
- Petri, Grischka, Arrangement in Business: The Art Markets and the Career of James McNeill Whistler, Hildesheim, 2011, p. 460.
- Randall, Lillian (ed.), George A. Lucas: An American Art Agent in Paris, 1857-1909, Princeton, 1979, vol. 1, pp. 26-28, repr. fig. 118, photographs of sitter repr. figs. 3, 5; vol. 2, pp. 635, 962.
- King, E. S., and M. C. Ross, Catalogue of the American Works of Art, Walters Art Gallery, Baltimore, Baltimore, 1956, p. 12 (cat. no. 40).
The George A. Lucas Collection, Baltimore, 1965, repr. p. 10.
- Pennell, Joseph and Elizabeth Robins Pennell, 'The Pennell Whistleriana in the Library of Congress', The American Magazine of Art, 1921, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 292-305.
- Mahey, John A. (ed.). 'The Letters of James McNeill Whistler to George A. Lucas', Art Bulletin, vol. 49, September 1967, pp. 247-57, at pp. 247-49, 256, n. 80.
- The Walters Art Museum website at art.thewalters.org.
- Revillon, Joseph Whistler, Draft Catalogue Raisonné of the Paintings of J. McN. Whistler, [ca 1945-1955], Glasgow University Library (cat. no. 216).
Last updated: 14th October 2020 by Margaret